Deal with mental and emotional distress in the here and now.
Human Givens Psychotherapy is a brief solution-focused therapy. It is evidence-based combining knowledge from psychology, neuroscience and psychotherapy. The usual length of treatment is four to six sessions. It starts from where the person is now and focuses on changing the present and future (rather than talking at length about the past). The sessions are structured and goal focused (it is similar to coaching in this respect). Practical help including information and advice is offered.
- reduce anxiety — generalised anxiety, panic attacks, fears, phobias, obsessions (OCD), lack of confidence or overwhelming stress and pressure can be treated effectively
- break the cycle of depression — the human givens approach is the best available psychotherapeutic treatment for depression, even chronic depression can often be lifted quickly and the meaning and joy returned to life.
- resolve trauma — dissolve the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), however severe, safely and quickly.
- manage anger — anger disorders damage health, increase the likelihood of an early death and cause enormous misery among relatives, colleagues and innocent bystanders.
- stop addictive behaviour — people can be freed from all forms of addiction – alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, TV and computer games, eating disorders – providing they want to make the effort to stop.
- relieve medical conditions — many conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic pain and migraine, have an emotional component. Stressful events often trigger an outbreak because emotions affect health – and vice versa.
- improve relationships — relationship difficulties are often self-perpetuating because our beliefs and reactions to one another trigger patterns of behaviour which stop us solving them. When couples want to stay together but are having problems, human givens therapists can help.
Book your Therapist
Apologies - there are no Therapists available at this time, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.